- Mh Cet Law
MAH-LL.B.- 5 Yrs. Course CET- 2020
MAH-LL.B.- 5 Yrs. Course CET- 2020 is conducted by the Competent Authority Commissioner, State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET CELL) for admission to the First Year of the Five Year Full Time Professional Integrated Under -Graduate Degree Course in Law, for the Academic Year 2020-2021.
The admissions to the following institutes in the State of Maharashtra will be done by the Competent Authority, provided they are approved and recognized by Government of Maharashtra and are Affiliated to any of the Non-agricultural University in the State of Maharashtra:
- The Government College offering LL.B. 5 Yrs. Integrated Course,
- All Government Aided Colleges (including Aided Minority Institutions) offering LL.B. 5
- Yrs. Integrated Course,
- All University Departments offering LL.B. 5 Yrs. Integrated Course,
- All University Managed Institutes offering LL.B. 5 Yrs. Integrated Course,
- All Un-aided colleges (including Minority Institutions) offering LL.B. 5 Yrs. Integrated Course, covered as per the Act.
MAH-LLB 5 Year Integrated Course CET 2020 Important Dates
- Online Registration and Confirmation of Application Form: 21st January to 02nd March 2020
- Issue of Hall Ticket: 27th March 2020
- Date of Online exam: 12th April 2020
- Declaration of result: 15th May 2020 5.00 P.M.
- Tentative date for start of CAP: 20th May 2020
MAH-LL. B 5 Yrs. Integrated Course CET- 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for Appearing to MAH-LL. B 5 Yrs. Integrated Course CET- 2020:
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen
- Candidates must have successfully completed their Senior Secondary School course (+2) or
- equivalent (such as 11+1, A level in Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate course) from a recognized Board/University in India or outside.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate for Open, SEBC and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Category candidates and Out Side Maharashtra State Candidature Candidates (OMS) i.e. All India Candidates, (candidate belonging to SC and ST Category from the State of Maharashtra must score a minimum of 40% Aggregate Marks and VJNT, SBC, OBC, Category belonging to State of Maharashtra must score a minimum of 42% Aggregate marks.
- Candidates who have obtained +2 Higher Secondary Pass certificate or First Degree
- Certificate after processing studies in Distance or Correspondence Method is eligible for Admission to the course; Provided that, the applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open (University) system directly without having any Basic Qualification (Standard X) are not eligible for LL. B-5 Yrs. CET.
However, those candidates who have obtained 10th Std./Secondary Schooling Certificate
Examination, in a Single Sitting Examination without having basic qualification (1st to 9th Standard of Schooling) is not Eligible for Admission.
Further provided that, the candidates who are appearing/appeared for the qualifying examination
(regular examination of that Academic Year) are also eligible to apply for the Entrance Examination. Such candidate will be eligible for admission only if they produce the
provisional/Degree/ certificate of the qualifying examination and the mark lists of all parts/attempts the of qualifying examination at the time of admission.
The qualifications of 10th, 12th (+2) may be obtained through any mode (distance/ Correspondence / Open Schooling method). Such candidates are eligible for LL. B-5 CET-2020
Examination if they fulfil the condition stated in no. 1 above.
The Applicant must obtain basic qualification for admission to Five Year degree course for
which the Basic Qualification shall be 10th (SSC) which shall be required to be followed by +2
(HSC) qualification with the Condition fulfilled mention in no. 1 above.
Candidate who have passed HSC(12th) Examination Prior to SSC (10th) Examination, then such
candidates who are possessing the Non Sequential Educational Qualification will not be eligible
for LL. B-5 CET 2020 Examination.
Any candidate filling in the wrong information not matching with the above conditions and
confirming the CET Application form and found during the verification of the admission process will be penalized for submitting/ providing wilfully wrong information.
The candidate should along with the Eligibility Criteria, must fulfill the following criteria of Candidature Types: -
For Five Year Integrated Degree Course (LL. B-5 Yrs.)
Candidates passing SSC and HSC Examination from a recognized institution in Maharashtra State or the candidates passing equivalent examination (such as 11+1, A level in Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized Board/University of India or outside or from Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government, which is in Maharashtra.
Maharashtra State Candidature Type A: A candidate who is Domicile of Maharashtra (Candidate should have Domicile Certificate from the State of Maharashtra) or born in Maharashtra (Candidate should have a Birth Certificate mentioning the Place of Birth which is in Maharashtra).
Maharashtra State Candidature Type B: The Father or Mother of the Candidate is domiciled in the State of Maharashtra (Either father or Mother of the candidate should have a domicile certificate from the state of Maharashtra if candidate is not born in Maharashtra/ Candidate does not possess domicile certificate from the state of Maharashtra).
Maharashtra State Candidature Type C: Father or Mother of the Candidate is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking who is posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State before the last date for submitting the Application Form for CAP, provided candidate should have completed his/her SSC & HSC from the State of Maharashtra.
Maharashtra State Candidature Type D: Father or Mother of the Candidate is an employee of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking (Provided Candidate should have completed his/her SSC & HSC or Equivalent qualifying examination from the State of Maharashtra).
Maharashtra State Candidature Type E: Candidates passing SSC and HSC Exam or Equivalent Exam from a recognized institution from a disputed MaharashtraKarnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
All India Candidature: Candidates having Indian Nationality are eligible under this Category (Candidate should have Domicile Certificate from the State where candidate belongs or Candidate should have a Birth certificate issued by the respective State Government). OMS [Outside Maharashtra State] candidates i.e. All India Candidature candidates should fill their CET application form in Open Category.
Minority Candidature: The Maharashtra domiciled Candidate belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community from within the State of Maharashtra and as notified by the Government are eligible under this Category (Those candidates who are claiming Minority Candidature, such Candidate should have completed their SSC & HSC or Equivalent qualifying examinations from the state of Maharashtra & should have Domicile Certificate from the State of Maharashtra, otherwise they cannot claim for Minority Candidature).
MAH-LL.B.- 5 Yrs. Course CET- 2020 Exam Pattern
The questions will be objective Multiple Choice Questions with Four options. There is No Negative Marking. The time allotted is 2 Hours i.e. One Hundred and Twenty Minutes. The Questions will be in English and Marathi.
Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning:
- No. of Questions: 40
- Marks per Question: 1
- Total Marks: 40
General Knowledge with Current Affairs
- No. of Questions: 30
- Marks per Question: 1
- Total Marks: 30
Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- No. of Questions: 40
- Marks per Question: 1
- Total Marks: 40
- No. of Questions: 30
- Marks per Question: 1
- Total Marks: 30
- No. of Questions: 10
- Marks per Question: 1
- Total Marks: 10
MAH-LL.B.- 5 Yrs. Course CET- 2020 Examination Fees
CET Fee For Open Category, EWS Candidates from Maharashtra State, Out Side Maharashtra State (OMS)/All India Candidates belonging to all Categories, and J&K Migrant Candidates: Rs. 800/-
CET Fee-For Candidates belonging to Backward Class Categories (SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT (A), NT-1 (B), NT-2(C), NT-3(D), OBC and SBC & SEBC Categories) belonging to Maharashtra State only having valid Caste Certificate and having valid Non-Creamy Layer Certificate valid up to March 2021 for DT-VJ, NT1, 2,3,OBC & SBC & SEBC Candidates: Rs. 600/-
The payment has to be made only through online mode using Internet Payment, Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets for which the service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form Processing Fees. No other mode of payment shall be permitted. The fees once paid is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated. Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form containing fee details. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non- Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
Candidates having valid Caste Certificate and Caste Validity Certificate from Maharashtra
State and Valid Non-Creamy Layer Certificate valid up to 31st March 2021 and belonging to Maharashtra State Candidature should only apply under Backward Class Category. The
Candidates will have to upload the Caste Validity Certificate and the Non Creamy Layer
Certificate at the time of CAP Process.
MAH-LL.B.- 5 Yrs. Course CET- 2020 Application Process
Candidates can only apply for MAH-LL.B. 5 Yrs. CET-2020 in Online mode. other mode of application will be accepted. Applicants/Candidates need not send the hard copy of the application to CET CELL/DHE.
Candidates are requested to follow the detailed procedures/guidelines as indicated below:
A) IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, applicants should-
- Candidate should download the Information Brochure and read it carefully.
- Check for Eligibility Criteria mentioned in the Information Brochure.
- Scan the Photograph and Signature ensuring that both the Photograph and Signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature Scan and Upload.
- Have a valid E-mail ID and Mobile No., which should be kept active till the completion of this Admission Process. In case the candidate does not have the valid personal E-mail id, he/she should create his/her new e-mail id and mobile number before applying on line and must maintain that e-mail account and mobile no till the process is over.
- Arrange for Application Fees (Non- refundable), Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the
B) How to apply for Registration: -
- On Line Application form filling and Registration Procedure for MAH-LL. B-5 Yrs. CET-2020.
- Visit website www.mahacet.org and open the given link. For filling the Online Application Form, they should click on the option "APPLY ONLINE".
- Select the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate must make a note of the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab.
- Carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application as no change will be possible after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature for CET & Admission.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on 'FINAL SUBMIT' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on 'Submit' button.
Guidelines for scanning and Upload of Photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) & Signature
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/ her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
- Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, Background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye"
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more than 50 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning. Candidate should also ensure that photo is uploaded at the place of photo and signature at the place of signature. If photo is not uploaded at the place of photo admission for exam will be rejected/denied.
- Candidates must ensure that photo is of required size and the face should be
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used to put on the Hall Ticket and wherever necessary.
- If the Applicant’s signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination,
- does not match the signature on the Hall Ticket, the applicant will be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred) - Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
- Ensure that signature is clearly visible.
Scanning the photograph & signature:
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg
or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50kb & 20kb respectively by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below
50 kb (photograph) & 20 kb(signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
- While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a
link to upload his/her photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
- Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature” - Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / Signature file has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it - Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button - Candidate should also ensure that photo is uploaded at the place of photo and signature at the place of signature.
MAH-LL.B.- 5 Yrs. Course CET- 2020 Identity Verification
- Candidates must carry an original copy of their valid identity card such Card, Passport/Permanent Driving License/Voters Card/ Bank Pass Book with photograph/ photo- identity proof issued by the Gazzetted officer on official letter head along with the photograph/Photo identity proof issued by the People’s Representative on the official letter
- head along with photo graph/ valid recent identity card issued by the recognized College/
- University/Aadhar Card with photograph/ E-Aadhar Card / Employee ID/ Bar Council Identity Card with photograph should be submitted to the invigilator for verification.
- The photo identity should have the same name as it appears on the Hall Ticket. The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the Hall Ticket. In case original valid original Photo Identity Proof is not produced, the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the
Note: The Candidates must remember that Ration Card and Learner’s Driving License is not valid ID proof for the Examination and colour Xerox and Soft Copies of the Identity Card are not allowed and candidates possessing them will not be allowed in the examination Hall unless they produce the Original valid identity proof... porting time specified on the Hall Ticket for the Examination will not be permitted to take the Examination.
The reporting time mentioned on the Hall Ticket is prior to the start time of the Test. Though the duration of the examination is 120 (Hundred and Twenty) Minutes, candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 180 (One Hundred Eighty Minutes) minutes including the time required for completion of various formalities such as verification, collection of various requisite documents, logging in, giving of instructions etc.
MAH-LL.B.- 5 Yrs. Course CET- 2020 Test Centers
MAH-LL.B. 5 Year CET- 2020 will be conducted in the selected Cities in Maharashtra and Outside Maharashtra State. The cities in which MAH-LL.B. 5Year CET- 2020 will be
conducted are designated as “Centers” for the CET. Each Centre may have many “Venues” depending upon the number of candidates appearing at that Centre.
A candidate appearing for CET shall give his/her preference for the Centre, however, the
Competent Authority reserves the right to allocate the Centre and Venue. The examination will be conducted On-Line at Venues given in the respective Hall ticket. No request for change of Centre/Venue/Date/ Session for the Examination shall be entertained. Competent authority, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and /or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility etc.
Competent Authority also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the
one he/she has opted. Candidate will appear for the CET examination at the Examination Centre at his/her own risk and expenses and Competent Authority will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature. Choice of Centre once exercised by the candidate will be Final.
Note: If sufficient number of Candidates do not opt for a particular Centre for Online Examination, Competent Authority reserves the right to allot any other adjunct Centre to those candidates OR if the number of the candidates is more than the capacity available for online examination for a Centre, Competent Authority reserves the right to allot any other Centre to the Candidate.
MAH-LL.B.- 5 Yrs. Course CET- 2020 Syllabus
i) Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning: This section will test candidate’s interest towards the study of Law, Legal aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions will be framed with the help of legal prepositions and a set of facts to which the said prepositions have to be applied. Some prepositions may not be true in the real sense. Candidates will have to assume truth of these prepositions and answer the questions drawing well
ii) General Knowledge with Current Affairs: The topics such as History (Ancient. Medieval and Modern), Geography, General Science, Economics, Civics, and the Current Affairs of the past One Year. The subject is to assess the knowledge of the recent happening and awareness of the world.
iii) Logical and Analytical Reasoning: The subject is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It will include wide analogies, completing arguments, drawing well supported conclusions, reasoning by analogy, applying principles or rules. Further the subject is to measure the ability to understand the structure. relationship and to draw logical conclusions about the structures. It includes reasoning deductively from the set of statements and rules or principles that describes the relationship among persons, things or events.
iv) English: This section will consist the questions on the areas like Vocabulary (Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies etc.) Proficiency (Idioms and Phrases, One word Substitution, Sentence Improvement and rearrangement, fill in the blanks etc) English Usage Errors (Common errors, Spotting errors, inappropriate usage of words, spelling mistakes etc.) English Comprehension
v) Mathematical Aptitude: This section is to test the numerical ability of candidates. The mathematics questions will be set from 10th Std. level of various topics including Profit and Loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Algebra, Average, Venn Diagram.
MAH-LL.B.- 5 Yrs. Course CET- 2020 Contact Details
STATE COMMON ENTRANCE TEST CELL, MAHARASHTRA STATE, MUMBAI
8th Floor, New Excelsior Building, A. K. Nayak Marg, Fort, Mumbai-400001. (M.S.)
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 022-22016157/59/53/34/19/28