Government Law College Mumbai is Asia’s oldest law school and was founded even before the University of Mumbai. The law college which was founded in 1855 has a rich heritage with an outstanding faculty. In 1952, the name of Government Law School was changed to "Government Law College and in 1938 it was converted to a full time institution.
Government Law College Mumbai offers the following courses in law:Five Year Integrated Law Course
– Candidates who have passed 10 2 are eligible for 5 year integrated law course leading to B.L.S. LL.B. Students are awarded Bachelor of Legal Science or B.L.S degree at the end of third year and LLB degree at the end of the 5th year. Third Year Law Course –
Candidates who have completed Bachelor’s degree in any discipline are eligible for 3 year law course leading to LLB degree.
Important Dates (Tentative) for Admission to GLC Mumbai
- Sale of Registration form: 1st June to 10th June 2016 from 11 am to 1 pm and 2pm to 4 pm.
- Submission of Registered form: 11th June to 16th June 2016
- Online Registration form: 1st June to 14th June
- Admission date- 22nd June to 23rd June, 2016
Eligibility Criteria to GLC Mumbai
Admission to the Five Year Law Course
Candidates who have passed 10 2 conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education from any recognised state board with minimum of 45% marks is eligible to apply. Admission is purely on merit. A common eligibility test will be conducted for candidates who have scored more than 40% but less than 45%. Candidates who successfully pass the test are eligible for the five year integrated law course.
Admission to the Three Year Law Course
Candidate with minimum of 45% marks from a recognised university are eligible to apply for the three year Bachelor’s Course. For candidates belonging to reserved category, a relaxation of 5% in the marks is given. Admission is strictly on merit.
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
The following documents should be submitted at the time of admission:
- Original statement of marks with a certified copy
- Original caste certificate if you are applying under reserved category
- School leaving certificate or any certificate to verify the date of birth
- Transfer certificate for students who have passed out from a college not affiliated to Mumbai University
- Fees should be paid through a demand draft on "Bank of Maharashtra/ State Bank of India" on favour of "Principal, Government Law College, Mumbai".
Contact GLC Mumbai
Address : 'A' Road, Churchgate, Mumbai- 400 020 Tel: 022-2204 1707
Website : http://www.glcmumbai.com