Indian Institute of Packaging
The Indian Institute of Packaging (IIP) is a national apex body which was set up in 1966 by the packaging and allied industries and the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India, with the specific objective of improving the packaging standards in the country. The educational programme in packaging commenced at the institute’s headquarters at Mumbai in the year 1968.
- To make Indian Institute of Packaging a World Class Centre of Excellence with Sustained Commitment from the Stake Holders.
- To develop Close International Relationship with Worldwide Packaging Fraternity.
- To make India a Focal Point for Contemporary Developments in Art, Science, Technology and Engineering in the Field of Packaging.
- To update the infrastructural facilities to provide effective services to the industries
- To commence degree programme on Packaging Technology and management at IIP – Mumbai and at other regions.
- To establish International Packaging Centre at Mumbai
- To restructure and periodically update the syllabus of Post Graduate Diploma in Packaging
- To strengthen the net working with National and International Packaging Bodies/Institutes/Universities
- To expand R&D activities in collaboration with IIT’s and other National Institutes.
- To provide tailor made training programme on Packaging for women entrepreneurs
- To provide customised Training programme on Packaging for MSME section
- To upgrade laboratory facilities by incorporating "State of Art” testing equipments
- To establish new centres of the Institute at Bangalore, North East, and Ahmedabad to provide highly skilled manpower and enhance the export market for Packaging Industry.
Testing and Evaluation Services - NABL Accreditated Laboratories
Over the last 46 years, the Indian Institute of Packaging has been able to establish well-equipped laboratories for testing of various packaging material and packages at its principle laboratory at Mumbai and also its branch offices at Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi and Hyderabad, with continuous efforts towards up-gradation. Financial assistance of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India is awarded. Today, the Institute is proud to announce that the laboratory has got the facility for testing over 300 parameters covering different areas like mechanical, chemical and physico-chemical properties of packaging material and packages.
Post Graduate Diploma in Packaging (PGDP)
This is a two years full time open to the graduates in Science, technology, Engineering and allied fields. The admission is through an all India level entrance examination conducted in June every year in all metro cities. Admission forms are available from the month of May and the course begins in August.
Certificate Course in Packaging
This 3 months course is suitable for fresh graduates preferably in science/Engineering who desire to make a career in Packaging Business/Profession. This is generally conducted at the Headquarters of the Institute at Mumbai as well as in the four regional offices at Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Chennai.
Distance Education Programme in Packaging (DEP)
This is a diploma course under Distance Education Programme in Packaging (DEP). The Graduate Diploma in packaging Technology is accredited by the Asian Packaging Federation.
Executive Development Programmes (EDP)
These are short term programmes (1-day to 1-week duration) conducted in various industrial cities in the country. These programmes are designed for working executives as well as professionals needing to update their knowledge. The topics covered in these short-term focused programmes range from package testing and quality evaluation through packaging techniques and technology used in packaging of food, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, engineering and allied industries, as well as packaging requirements of dangerous goods and export packaging.
Research and Development Programs in IIP
Major research & development projects completed
Packaging of cashew kernels for exports
- Packaging of meat, meat products and poultry
- Packaging of Indian sweet
- Packaging of fresh grapes
- Packaging of banana chips
- All India study on packaging of processed foods
- Development of packaging specifications for whole, ground spices for export
- Packaging of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Packaging of extruded foods
Indian Institute of Packaging
Plot E2, MIDC Area
Road No. 8, Andheri East,
Mumbai 400093, Maharashtra, India
Tel : 91-22-2821 9803 / 6751 / 9469, 28391506, 28329623, 28254631
Email : email@example.com