Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth (MPKV), Rahuri named after the great social reformer Mahatma Jyotiba Phule was established in 1969 after the Maharashtra Agricultural University (Krishi Vidyapeeth) Act was passed in 1967. The jurisdiction of the University is spread over ten districts namely, Satara, Sangli, Kolhapur, Ahmednagar, Solapur, Pune, Nashik, Dhule, Jalgaon and Nandurbar. It is a premier Agricultural University in Maharashtra that renders services to the farmers through Education, Research and Extension Education.
The Governor of Maharashtra state is the Chancellor of the University, The Minister of Agriculture, Maharashtra state is the Pro-Chancellor, while, Vice-Chancellor is the Head of the University. The Executive Council is the highest policy making body of the University. The Vice-Chancellor is the Chairman of this Council which also comprises nominated peoples representatives, eminent members from agriculture and development departments, scientists, representative of ICAR and progressive farmers.
The University is assisted by Academic Council, Agricultural Research Council, Extension Education Council for co-ordination and review of academic, research and extension education programmes, seed production and agricultural development programmes.
The MPKV is committed to the mission of “Continuous improvement in agriculture and allied fields by development of quality human resource, carrying out the basic and applied research for providing appropriate technological solutions; and piloting the extension activities for efficient technology transfer to the farming community and agro-business entrepreneurs”
- To provide diploma, graduate, post-graduate and doctorate level quality education in Agriculture, Horticulture, Agricultural Engineering and Allied fields viz., Agril. Biotechonology, Food Technology, Agriculture Business Management for producing the competent human resource.
- To encourage and provide agricultural education to girls particularly with rural background so as to increase their involvement in farming and allied agro-business activities and for empowerment of rural women.
- To carry out basic, applied and need-based research in various fields related to agriculture, to provide an appropriate and economical solution for emerging problems; and to develop technologies to improve socio-economic conditions of the farming community.
- To arrange the trainings for effective transfer of various technologies to the farmers and the related organizations in order to improve agricultural productivity, production and overall economic conditions of the rural population of the State.
- To develop suitable technologies for supporting the growth of subsidiary occupation and agro-based industry and to generate self-employment opportunities for the educated youths and women.
- To provide technical advice to the State Government in planning the various schemes for overall socio-economic progress of the rural population of the State.
- To establish new colleges, schools, research stations, departments and laboratories to strengthen the agricultural education and research in new emerging areas.
- To implement the skill development programmes in the field of agriculture and allied sciences and engineering.
Academic Prograns of Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture
- B.Sc. (Hons) Horticulture
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Biotechnology)
- B.Tech. (Food Technology)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agri. Business Management
- B.Sc. (Hons) Animal Husbandry
- M.Sc.(Agricultural Biotechnology)
- Agricultural Engineering
Diploma in Agricultural Technology
Admissions of all the courses are conducted at MCAER level
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri
Ahmednagar, Maharashtra-413722. India
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com