- Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University
Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Viswavidyalaya
Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Viswavidyalaya came into existence through an Act of Parliament on 8 January 1997 to fulfil a dream of Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation. The purpose of the act was to establish and incorporate a teaching university for the promotion and development of Hindi language and literature, through teaching and research, with a view to enabling Hindi to achieve greater functional efficiency and recognition as a major international language. Mahatma Gandhi was of the firm opinion that Hindi should not only be the national language of the country but it should also gain the status of a world language.
Since 1997, spread over an area of more than two hundred acres the University is functioning as a residential University solely dedicated to the cause of Hindi. Mahatma Gandhi, Hindi and International are three key words which are integrally woven in the philosophy guiding the functioning of the institution. It has initiated academic programmes in areas which were important in Gandhi's socio - political agenda such as Non Violence, Peace and Conflict Resolution, Women Studies and Tribal and Dalit Studies.
The University has also undertaken an ambitious project to publish an Encyclopaedia of Social Sciences in Hindi. It is expected that in next few years this project will see the light of the day. To fulfil its international commitments the University is offering its services to the Hindi Departments across the globe. It is coordinating international efforts in areas like syllabus development, content creation and audio-visual aids to students who study Hindi as foreign language.
Objectives of Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Viswavidyalaya
- to develop Hindi as a regional, national and international language
- to develop university as a centre of international discourse.
- to develop university as an international research centre
- to spread and follow the humanitarian values of Mahatma Gandhi - peace, ahimsa, truth and secularism
- to strengthen Hindi as a language of communication, business management, scientific & technical education and administrative work and relate its connectivity with employment
- to provide intellectual environment in which scholarship and learning may thrive in Hindi in a better way,
- to develop interdisciplinary research and publication programme in Hindi.
- to encourage new discourses with a social-cultural commitment,
Schools in Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Viswavidyalaya
- School of Language
- School of Literature
- School of Culture
- School of Translation & Interpretation
- School of Humanities and Social Science
- School of Law
- School of Management
- School of Education
Admission in Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Viswavidyalaya
Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha
Gandhi Hills, Post: Hindi University, Wardha - 442005 (Maharashtra) India
Phone: 91-7152-230902, Fax: 91-7152-230903
Regional Center Allahabad
Sarojini Naidu Marg,
Allahabad - 211001 (Uttar Pradesh)
Regional Center Kolkata
Ausan, EZCC, IA-270, Sector-3,
Salt Lake, Kolkata-700097 (West Bengal)