- Flame University
FLAME University was established as a state private university in 2015 by the Government of Maharashtra and is recognised by the UGC. It is Jain Minority Institution set up with an idealistic vision and a social commitment to contribute to society in a noble manner. The objective of Liberal Education at FLAME is to go beyond the known and familiar structured and narrowly encapsulated forms of knowledge. The aim is to provide students a learning experience that would excite and enthuse them. It consists of four schools: FLAME School of Liberal Education, FLAME School of Business, FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of Fine & Performing Arts.
FLAME University exists to build an aspirational destination for students and faculty, to push the design and nature of studies and to create a societal upgradation phenomenon particularly in the fields of liberal education and leadership.
Programs of Flame University
- B.A. - Economics, Psychology, Literary & Cultural Studies, International Studies, Environmental Studies, Journalism, Public Policy, Sociology
- B.A. (Hons) - Economics (Minors are not available in the Honours program)
- B.Sc. - Applied Mathematics
- BBA - Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship, Operations, General Management
- BBA (Communications Management) - Advertising & Branding, Digital Marketing & Communications, Film & Television, Communication Studies
- MBA (Communications Management)
The minimum eligibility to apply to FLAME University’s undergraduate programs is the following:
In the case of Higher Secondary School Certificate or State Boards, CBSE and ICSE, 40% marks in 12th standard with English as one of the subjects is the minimum requirement. If you wish to pursue BBA subsequently, 45% is the minimum requirement in 12th standard.
In the case of International Baccalaureate students, a diploma is the minimum requirement. International Baccalaureate certificate students are not eligible for admission.
In the case of Cambridge University students (GCE/IGCSE/GCSE examinations of the approved British Examination Bodies), ‘A’ Level certificate is the minimum requirement with 5 (Five) subjects in A, B, C Grades including English at Ordinary (‘O’) Level and 2/3 (Two/Three) subjects at Advanced Level.
In order to be eligible to pursue the Honours degree program in Economics, you must have passed Mathematics as one of the subjects at 12th or equivalent level.
Candidates in their 12th standard or equivalent class can also apply, provided they can produce their 12th passing certificate / mark sheet before 31st August. Admission of such a candidate shall be strictly provisional till s/he submits a valid proof of passing the 12th or equivalent level examination before the prescribed last date, failing which the admission shall automatically stand withdrawn without any further notice.
We accept SAT scores if you do not wish to take FEAT. We do not specify a cut off score for SAT which would guarantee you an admission in FLAME, as the SAT score is only one of the parameters we consider for selection. Needless to say, a high SAT score improves your chances of selection.
Centres for Research in Flame University
- FLAME Centre for South and Southeast Asia Studies
- FLAME Centre for Mathematical Modelling
- FLAME Centre for Organizational Growth and Excellence
- FLAME Centre for Case Development
- FLAME Centre for Earth and Environment
- FLAME Centre for Public Policy
- FLAME Centre for Experimental Social Sciences
- FLAME Centre for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Admission to research programs is in the following manner:
- Admission Test (FEAT/SAT)
- Personal Interview
- Past Academic Record
- Extracurricular activities/ achievements
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Gat No. 1270, Lavale, Off. Pune Bangalore Highway,
Pune - 412115,