- Computers And It
- Mah Mca Cet
MAH MCA CET
MAH- MCA-CET 2020 is a state level entrance exam conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra State for admission to first year / direct second year (separate division & lateral entry) of three year full time post graduate degree course in Master of Computer Applications (MCA), for Academic Year 2020-21.
The admissions to the following institutes will be based on the score of CET, provided they are approved & recognized by Government of Maharashtra and are affiliated to any of the Non- Agricultural University in Maharashtra State.
1. All Government/ Government Aided Institutes offering MCA course
2. All University Departments offering MCA course
3. University Managed Institutes offering MCA course
4. All Un-Aided MCA Institutes covered as per the Act
MAH- MCA-CET 2020 Important Dates
- Commencement of Registration: January 15, 2020
- Last Date for Registration: February 22, 2020
- Issue of MAH MCA CET Admit Card: March 8, 2020
- MAH MCA CET 2020 Exam Date: March 28, 2020
- Release of MCA CET Result: April 15, 2020 at 5 pm
MAH- MCA-CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for MAH-MCA-CET 2020 :
- The candidate must an Indian citizen.
- Candidates must have completed their three year Bachelor’s Degree from an University recognised by the University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent (at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only)
- Candidates must have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at (10+2) level or at Graduate level examination
- For Direct second year admissions, the candidates must have passed Bachelor Degree in Computer Applications or Science (Information Technology or Computer Science)
- (Candidates appearing for final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for CET)
- In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University/institution from where they have obtained the bachelor's.
- The percentage of marks shall be calculated by rounding off to•degree. two places after The candidates belonging to SC, VJ/DT (NT (A)), NT (B), NT(C), NT (D), OBC, SBC and •decimal.
- SEBC categories should produce “Caste Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Social Welfare Department and the Candidate belonging to ST category should submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department and valid Non Creamy Layer certificate except SC, ST candidates at the time of verification of documents.
MAH- MCA-CET 2020 Exam Pattern
- The test will comprise of multiple choice objective type questions (Four Options)
- There is negative marking System for this CET. Each correct answer will carry 2 marks. Each wrong answer will carry 0.5 negative marks. Unanswered questions will carry zero marks.
- Test Duration: 90 Minutes
- Medium of CET: English
- Mode of Examination - Online
Mathematics & Statistics
- No. of Questions: 30
- Marks per Question: 2
- Total Marks: 60
Logical/ Abstract Reasoning
- No. of Questions: 30
- Marks per Question: 2
- Total Marks: 60
English comprehension and verbal ability
- No. of Questions: 20
- Marks per Question: 2
- Total Marks: 40
- No. of Questions: 20
- Marks per Question: 2
- Total Marks: 40
MAH- MCA-CET 2020 Examination Fee
General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra
State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates: 1000/-
Reserved Category Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT-
NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC, SEBC] and & Persons with Disability
Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only: 800/-
Candidates are required to make the payment only by online mode using Internet Payment, Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets for which the service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form processing fee.
P.S.: No other mode of payment shall be ACCEPTED. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated. Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form containing fee details. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non- Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
Note: Candidates will be required to submit the caste certificate & Caste Validity Certificate
and Non Creamy Layer Certificate if applicable at the time of filling CAP Application form to be considered under category.
MAH- MCA-CET 2020 Application Process
- Open the website http://www.mahacet.org and click on the option "MAH-MCA CET-2020"
- Candidates go to the https://ibpsonline.ibps.in/cetmcajan20/
- Select the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate must make a note of the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab.
- Carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application as no change will be possible after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature for CET & Admission.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on 'FINAL SUBMIT' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on 'Submit' button.
Guidelines for scanning and Upload of Photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) & Signature
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/ her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
- Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, Background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye"
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more than 50 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning. Candidate should also ensure that photo is uploaded at the place of photo and signature at the place of signature. If photo is not uploaded at the place of photo admission for exam will be rejected/denied.
- Candidates must ensure that photo is of required size and the face should be
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used to put on the Hall Ticket and wherever necessary.
- If the Applicant’s signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination,
- does not match the signature on the Hall Ticket, the applicant will be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred) - Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
- Ensure that signature is clearly visible.
Scanning the photograph & signature:
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg
or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50kb & 20kb respectively by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below
50 kb (photograph) & 20 kb(signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
- While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a
link to upload his/her photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
- Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature” - Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / Signature file has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it - Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button - Candidate should also ensure that photo is uploaded at the place of photo and signature at the place of signature.
MAH- MCA-CET 2020 Test Centre
MAH-MCA-CET 2020 will be conducted in the selected cities in Maharashtra & outside
Maharashtra State. The cities in which MAH-MCA-CET 2020 will be conducted are designated as "Centre" for the CET. Each center may have many "Venues" depending upon the number of candidates appearing at that center. A candidate appearing for CET shall give his/her preference for the centre, however the Competent Authority reserves the right to allocate the center and venue.
The examination will be conducted online at venues given in the respective Hall Ticket. No request for change of center/venue/date/session for Examination shall be entertained. Competent Authority, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centers and/ or add some other Centers, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
Competent Authority also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any center other than the one he/she has opted for. Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her owns risks and expenses and Competent Authority will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature. Choice of center once exercised by the candidate will be final. If sufficient number of candidates does not opt for a particular center for "Online" examination, Competent Authority reserves the right to allot any other adjunct center to those candidates OR if the number of candidates is more than the capacity available for online exam for a center, Competent Authority reserves the right to allot any other center to the candidate.
MAH-MCA-CET 2020 Syllabus
The Online CET would mainly comprise of four sections viz Mathematics and Statistics, Logical/ Abstract reasoning, English comprehension and verbal ability and Computer Concepts. The exam will be of total 200 marks with composite time of 90 minutes duration.
a) Mathematics and Statistics:
The question paper will cover the following topics of high school mathematics (up to the 12th Standard)
Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations
Co-ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, mid point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of
triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression
Arithmetic: Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage,
Basic Set Theory and Functions: Set, relations and mappings.
Mensuration: areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles,
volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
b) Logical/ Abstract Reasoning:
This shall include the questions to measures how quickly and logically you can think. This
section will cover logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage. This test shall check the problem solving capability of the candidate.
c) English comprehension and verbal ability:
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidate's general understanding of the
English language. There will be questions on the topics such as Basic English grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, synonyms antonyms, sentence correction, word & phrases, jumbled paragraph.
d) Computer Concepts:
Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations
Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I / O devices, interrupts.
Computer Language: Assembly language and high level language, Computer Programming in C.
Operating System basics.
MAH- MCA-CET Contact Details
STATE COMMON ENTRANCE TEST CELL, MAHARASHTRA STATE, MUMBAI
8th Floor, New Excelsior Building, A. K. Nayak Marg, Fort, Mumbai-400001. (M.S.)
E-mail - email@example.com
Phone - 022-22016157/59/53/34/19/28